The Watlow FIREROD® cartridge heater revolutionized the heating element industry in 1954 when it was patented as the first swaged cartridge heater. The mechanical procedure of swaging reduces the diameter of the heater by compacting the unit; this directly improves the heat transfer and efficiency of the heater.
Watlow FIRE ROD cartridge heaters are built using only the finest materials and construction methods and are backed with extensive quality assurance programs. With premium materials and tight manufacturing controls, the FIREROD heater provides superior heat transfer, uniform temperatures, resistance to oxidation and corrosion and a long life even at high temperatures.
Alloy 800 Sheath FireRod Cartrdige heaters have a max operating temperature of 1400 F (760C) and a maximum watt density of 400 W/in². Watlow Fire Rod Cartrdige heaters come in 120, 240 and 480 voltages. Wattages from 25 to 4700 watts.
- Semiconductor chamber heating
- Semiconductor wafer lead connection
- Semiconductor wire and die bonding
- Freeze protection and deicing of equipment in cold climates or applications
- Humidity control
- Patient comfort heating used in medical devices
- Mold die and platen heating
- Seal bars used in packaging equipment
- Test sample heating in gas chromatography
Camber is defined as the maximum deviation of the heater’s centerline from straight. FIREROD camber within allowable tolerances is verified via passage through a cylindrical gauge of specified length and diameter. Normally, slight camber does not present a problem since the heater will flex enough to fit into a straight, close-fit hole.
Component Recognition File Numbers
• UL® component rated to 240VAC (file number E52951)
• CSA component rated to 240VAC (file number LR7392)
• VDE component rated to 240VAC (file number 10062-4911-0006)
Note: Not all options or combinations of options are covered. UL®, CSA, VDE and CE marking is available upon request.
Watlow FIREROD® catalog page for all sizes: CLICK HERE!
An assortment of Watlow Fire Rod Cartridge heaters.
To order via Phone, please call 800-929-2845